Information for

Useful Links

Changing Majors

Students may not update (change) their own intended majors. Each plan change (majors and minors) must be handled by a UB staff person on the student's behalf.

How to request changes to plans (majors and minors):

  1. To add a plan that is part of another school (called 'program' in HUB), contact the advising home for that school (e.g., School of Management, School of Pharmacy, etc.).
  2. To add a minor, or add an approved major in CAS, contact the CAS department offering the major or minor.
  3. To add or remove an intended major in CAS, to remove an approved major in CAS, or to change a major in another school to a CAS intended major, you may do any one of the following:
    • See an advisor in the CAS department offering the major;
    • Make an appointment with an advisor in this office;
    • Stop by 275 Park Hall and fill out a request form to change your intended major;
    • Use our webform to generate an email request.

image of a foreign language instructor
Last Updated: February 24, 2017